DO 69, s. 1988 – Policies and Standards for Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering Programs
July 22, 1988
DO 69, s. 1988
Policies and Standards for Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering Programs
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Deans, College of Engineering
- The set of policies and standards included in the Policies, Standards and Guidelines for Engineering Education approved by this Office, upon the recommendation of the Technical Panel for Engineering Education, Bureau of Higher Education, embodies the general principles and guidelines for the establishment and operation of Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering Programs.
- Each school of Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering, in order to align its program to the goals and mission of the institution and the nation and to make Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering Education responsive to the growing demands for manpower in the business and the industrial world, should have the built-in mechanism for continuous self-assessment of its instructional, research and extension service capabilities and program thrusts and the necessary flexibility and adaptability to improve its internal operation and curricular programs towards meeting the diverse needs of the students, community and the nation.
- This set of policies is a supplement to MECS Order No. 42, s. 1985 entitled “Policies and Standards for Engineering Education” and this covers the different aspects of Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering Education, including faculty, library, curricula and laboratory requirements.
- All concerned institutions are enjoined to review and revise their curricula to conform with the provisions and requirements set forth in this guideline.
- The revised or new curricula for the Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering shall be implemented according to the following schedule:
Curriculum Year Implementation Year First Year SY 1989-90 Second Year SY 1990-91 Third Year SY 1991-92 Fourth Year SY 1992-93 Fifth Year SY 1993-94
- The Interim Curricular Guideline for Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering shall be implemented effective First Semester SY 1988-89. All students enrolled in Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering from First Year to Third Year during SY 1988-89 shall be subject to said Guideline. The Interim Curriculum shall be implemented according to the following schedule.
Curriculum Year Implementation Year First to Third years SY 1988-89 Second to Fourth years SY 1989-90 Third to Fifth years SY 1990-91 Fourth to Fifth years SY 1991-92 Fifth year only SY 1992-93
- The One-Year Curriculum leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering to be offered to graduates of the fourth-year Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Engineering shall be implemented effective First Semester SY 1988-89.
- Compliance with these rules and standards by all concerned is requested.
- This Order shall take effect immediately.
Reference: MECS Order No. 42, s. 1985
Allotment: 1-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE
RULES AND REGULATIONS