DO 70, s. 1988 – Revised Policy on Master Teachers for Secondary Schools
To: Bureau Directors
- With reference to the national policy on master teachers as contained in MECS Order No. 29, s. 1979 and MECS Order No. 4, s. 1987, the following revisions are hereby promulgated to take care of master teachers in secondary schools:
- Secondary Head Teachers who desire to move as Master Teachers may be shifted as soon as items for Master Teachers are available.
- When shifting from Secondary Head Teacher to Master Teacher in secondary schools, corresponding ranking of all master teachers with their subject area of specialization should be considered.
- An allotment of at least one master teacher position per subject area with at least 5-7 teachers should be the basis for granting master teacher positions.
- Shifting from one stream to the other is allowed only once.
- This revision takes effect immediately.
(SGD.) TOMAS V. SANTOS
MEC Order: (No. 29, s. 1979)
MECS Order: (No. 4, s. 1987)
DECS Order: No. 80, s. 1987
Allotment: 1-2–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES & REGULATIONS