DO 88, s. 1988 – Standard Science, Mathematics and Practical Arts Equipment for Secondary Schools
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- The Department of Education, Culture and Sports, cognizant of the need to set policies and standards for secondary schools with regard to high school equipment; and in order to meet the needs and standards of the 1989 Secondary Education Development Program (SEDP) has approved the inclosed policies and minimum equipment standards.
- The list of standard high school equipment, hereto attached, has been finalized by the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) in consultation with the other institutions: UP-ISMED for Science and Technology, and Mathematics; and TUP for Technology and Home Economics. The final list was validated by a group of educators composed of CDD-BSE staff, consultants from UP-ISMED and subject specialists and officials from selected schools and division offices.
- The aforementioned list is in accordance with an analysis of activities in the set of high school textbooks for Science and Technology, Mathematics, and Technology and Home Economics.
- The equipment listed in the inclosure is supportive of the new secondary education curriculum. Prototypes of these equipment will be utilized during the mass training for teachers starting summer 1989.
- Those equipment for secondary schools may be fabricated, improvised or purchased. However, all purchases and fabrication as well as improvisation work must conform to the approved list of standard high school equipment.
- Periodic monitoring of the proper utilization of these equipment, and school performance shall be conducted by the BSE.
- On the provision of meeting the minimum equipment standards as prescribed in this Order, Regional Directors are enjoined to enforce the requirement on the basis of resource capabilities of the institution.
- All public and private institutions authorized to offer the new curriculum shall be assisted in setting up their minimum requirement for laboratory facilities upon recommendation to the Bureau of Secondary Education by the Regional Offices.
- It is desired that this Order be widely disseminated.
(SGD.) CLEDUALDO B. PEREZ
Incl.: As stated
Allotment: 1-2-3–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
Course of Study, SECONDARY