DO 106, s. 1988 – Pilot Implementation of Short-Term Courses (6 Months and Below) In Selected Agricultural and Fishery Schools
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- The Department of Education, Culture and Sports, through the Bureau of Technical and Vocational Education (BTVE), has come up with short-term courses (6 months and below) in agriculture and fisheries to be implemented by selected agricultural and fishery schools/colleges to better respond to immediate demands of the economy in the respective service communities.
- These courses are intended for post-secondary students as well as out-of-school youth and adults, and shall deal mainly on production and post-production technologies, practical skills and entrepreneurship. The social and agri-business aspects of the courses will include the putting up of economic-size projects using appropriate technologies that could easily be duplicated in the home farms of the participants given the necessary production support from private capital as well as agricultural credit. A special feature of these courses is the preparation of feasibility study for small scale projects.
- The agricultural and fishery schools/colleges (Inclosure No. 1) which have been selected for the initial implementation of these courses will pilot the operation of projects on commodity lines identified with the necessary business potential. These include crop and fruit tree production, animal projects (swine and cattle) and fishery projects (tilapia, bangus and prawn culture).
- The administrators and technical staff of the selected schools have been engaged in workshops on the preparation of feasibility studies and project proposals for submission to funding institutions.
- Implementation of these courses may be started as so as feasible. (Inclosure No. 2)
- Dissemination of this Order is desired.
Incls.: As stated
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE
UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES