DO 15, s. 1989 – Policies and Standards for Dental Education
February 28, 1989
DO 15, s. 1989
Policies and Standards for Dental Education
To: Regional Directors
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Deans, Colleges of Dentistry
- Inclosed is the set of policies and standards approved by this Office, upon recommendation of the Council on Dental Education in the Philippines whose membership consists of the Chairman of the Board of Dentistry, Professional Regulation Commission, the President of the Philippine Dental Association, the President, Association of Deans of Philippine Colleges of Dentistry, the Dean, College of Dentistry, University of the Philippines, and the Bureau of Higher Education, Association of Chiefs and Assistant Chiefs of Higher Education, Department of Education, Culture and Sports, Regional Office, embodies the general principles and guidelines for the establishment and operation of Dental Education programs.
- Each School of Dentistry, in order to align its programs to the goals and mission of the institution and the nation and to make Dentistry responsive to the demands for manpower in the allied health services, should have the built-in mechanism for continuous self-assessment of its instructional, research and extension service capabilities and program thrust and the necessary flexibility and adaptability to improve its internal operation and curricular programs towards meeting the diverse needs of students, community and the nation.
- All concerned institutions are enjoined to review and revise their curriculum to conform with the provisions and requirements set forth in these guidelines.
- This Order supersedes all existing guidelines which may relate to Dental Education and shall take effect immediately.
- Compliance with this Order by all concerned is desired.
Incl.: As stated
Allotment: 4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE
RULES AND REGULATIONS