DO 17, s. 1989 – Policies and Standards for Optometry Education
March 1, 1989
DO 17, s. 1989
Policies and Standards for Optometry Education
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Deans, Colleges of Optometry
- The inclosed set of policies and standards approved by this Office, upon recommendation of the Council of Deans of Philippine Colleges of Optometry, the Samahan ng mga Optometrists sa Pilipinas, the Philippine Academy of Optometry, Inc., the Board of Optometry of the Professional Regulations Commission and the Bureau of Higher Education, and the Association of Chiefs of Higher Education embodies the general principles and guidelines for the establishment and operation of Optometry Education programs.
- Each School of optometry, in order to align its programs to the goals and mission of the institution and the nation and to make Optometry Education responsive to the demands for manpower in the allied health services, should have the built-in mechanism for continuous self-assessment of its instructional, research and extension service capabilities and program thrusts and the necessary flexibility and adaptability to improve its internal operation and curricular programs towards meeting the diverse needs of students, community and the nation.
- All concerned institutions are enjoined to review and revise their curriculum to conform with the provisions and requirements set forth in these guidelines.
- This Order supersedes all existing guidelines which may relate to Optometry Education and shall take effect immediately.
- Compliance with this Order by all concerned is desired.
Incl.: As stated
Reference: B.Prs. Circular No. 4, s. 1973
Allotment: 4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE
RULES AND REGULATIONS