Bureau Directors/Cultural Agency Directors
Chief of Service and Heads of Units/Centers
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- In cognizance of the need to measure the total development of the learner in terms of knowledge, skills, values and attitudes, a comprehensive assessment of student achievement shall be reflected in the new system of rating and reporting student’s progress and shall be implemented effective SY 1989-1990 in secondary schools to complement the New Secondary Education Curriculum.
- The new rating scheme for the NSEC is competency-based that is, the rating shall be based on the desired learning competencies.
- The rating scheme per MEC Order No. 44, s. 1979, shall still apply to the second, third and fourth year levels covered by the Revised Secondary Education Program. Inclosure No. 2 to the same MEC Order shall, likewise, apply to the aforementioned year levels.
- Implementing guidelines on the new rating system are inclosed as follows:
- Inclosure No. 1 provides the Guidelines on the New Rating System for NSEC.
- Inclosure No. 2 explains the Guidelines in Evaluating Student Achievement in Values Education.
- Inclosure No. 3 gives a Suggested Behavior Rating Scale, a Transmutation Table for Values Education, and a Sample Computation of Values Education Grade.
- Immediate and proper dissemination of this DECS Order to all concerned is desired.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Incls.: As stated
DECS Order: No. 11, s. 1989
MEC Order: (No. 44, s. 1979)
Allotment: 1-2–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual – Index under the following subjects:
Course of Study, SECONDARY