DO 52, s. 1989 – System of Rating and Reporting Student’s Progress under the New Secondary Education Curriculum (NSEC) Amended by DO 66, s. 1990 – Corrigenda to DECS Order Nos. 52 and 94, s. 1989 (System of Rating and Reporting Student’s Progress under the New Secondary Education Curriculum (NSEC))
June 1, 1989
DO 52, s. 1989
System of Rating and Reporting Student’s Progress under the New Secondary Education Curriculum (NSEC)
Bureau Directors/Cultural Agency Directors
Chief of Service and Heads of Units/Centers
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- In cognizance of the need to measure the total development of the learner in terms of knowledge, skills, values and attitudes, a comprehensive assessment of student achievement shall be reflected in the new system of rating and reporting student’s progress and shall be implemented effective SY 1989-1990 in secondary schools to complement the New Secondary Education Curriculum.
- The new rating scheme for the NSEC is competency-based that is, the rating shall be based on the desired learning competencies.
- The rating scheme per MEC Order No. 44, s. 1979, shall still apply to the second, third and fourth year levels covered by the Revised Secondary Education Program. Inclosure No. 2 to the same MEC Order shall, likewise, apply to the aforementioned year levels.
- Implementing guidelines on the new rating system are inclosed as follows:
- Inclosure No. 1 provides the Guidelines on the New Rating System for NSEC.
- Inclosure No. 2 explains the Guidelines in Evaluating Student Achievement in Values Education.
- Inclosure No. 3 gives a Suggested Behavior Rating Scale, a Transmutation Table for Values Education, and a Sample Computation of Values Education Grade.
- Immediate and proper dissemination of this DECS Order to all concerned is desired.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Incls.: As stated
DECS Order: No. 11, s. 1989
MEC Order: (No. 44, s. 1979)
Allotment: 1-2–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual – Index under the following subjects:
Course of Study, SECONDARY