To: Bureau Directors
- The recent reorganization of the Department of Education, Culture and Sports by virtue of Executive Order No. 117, has resulted in the abolition of some position items for health and nutrition personnel at the regional offices, and the transfer of the affected personnel to other units. This has apparently created confusion and frustration among health and nutrition personnel and considerably caused a setback in the implementation of school health and nutrition programs.
- To effect better coordination and for efficient implementation of all health and nutrition programs and projects, health and nutrition units shall be organized in all regional offices under the direct supervision of the regional director.
- The unit shall be composed of the Medical Services Supervisor I, Supervising Dentist, Regional Nursing Supervisor (proposed), Supervising, Research Nutritionist and Research Nutritionist. The regional director shall be given the leeway to designate a unit head giving consideration to the management capability, work experience, seniority and length of service of the health personnel.
- The Regional Health and Nutrition Unit shall act as the implementing arm of the Regional Working Committee on Health and Nutrition whose function shall be modified in a manner that it will serve as the coordinating and planning body.
- Inclosed are the organizational structure of the unit, the functions, duties and responsibilities of its personnel, modified membership, and functions of the regional working committee.
- Immediate implementation of this Order is desired.
Incl.: As stated
Allotment: 1-2–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual – Index under the following subjects: