To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- To enable the Department to properly measure and evaluate the performance of the educational system, age profiles of students shall be gathered from elementary and secondary schools.
- Beginning this school year 1989-1990, data collection for age profiles will be conducted every three (3) years. In view of this, appropriate data gathering forms have been designed (see attached forms) for elementary and secondary schools, as follows:
- Age Profile in Government Elementary School
- Age Profile in Private Elementary School
- Age Profile in Government Secondary School
- Age Profile in Private Secondary School
- The format content of the data-gathering instruments shall be the same for all school types and categories and for all school districts to minimize problems in electronic data processing. Thus, the design, revision, and distribution of these forms shall be undertaken by the Office of the Planning Service. OPS shall distribute these forms to the regional offices on or before the third Monday of August during the year under survey.
- For convenience and economy, data gathering for age profiles in both elementary and secondary schools will be done on a sample basis. In the government elementary schools, the largest educational subsector, a complete list of the sample districts per division per region as well as the number of schools included in this survey is indicated in the attached Quota Sampling Table. In every sample district, there will be a total enumeration of the government elementary under its jurisdiction. For the private elementary, government secondary and private secondary schools, 30% sampling will be used. The number of private elementary and government and private secondary schools by division to be covered by the sample survey is shown in the attached Quota Table. Accordingly, the Regional Planning Unit (RPU) shall identify the names of these private elementary, government and private secondary schools in their region.
- The regional offices shall be responsible for the distribution, collection and processing of the age profiles of the respondent schools within their respective regions. The OPS shall provide the regional, division and district offices with dummy or summary table for age profiles through the Regional Planning Unit (RPU).
- Presidents of government and private higher education institutions, vocational schools superintendents, vocational school administrators, secondary school principals, district supervisors, and heads of elementary schools are enjoined to facilitate the prompt, complete and accurate filling out of the data gathering forms and timely submission of the same.
- Heads of government elementary schools shall submit their duly accomplished school age profile to the district office where they belong on or before the third Friday of September. Heads of government secondary schools, and private elementary and high schools and those attached to private colleges and universities shall submit their age profiles to the division office where they are belong, the vocational secondary schools reporting to vocational school superintendents shall submit their age profiles to the office of the vocational school superintendent also on or before the third Friday of September. The age profiles of elementary schools attached to non-chartered tertiary institutions and vocational secondary schools reporting directly to the regional office shall be submitted to the regional offices on or before the third Friday of September. The age profiles of elementary and secondary schools attached to state colleges and universities shall be submitted to the Board of Higher Education, care of the Bureau of Higher Education on or before the third Friday of September.
- The district offices shall submit the age profiles of all the sampled schools under their jurisdiction to their respective division offices on or before the first Monday of October. Division Offices/Office of the Vocational School Superintendents shall submit the age profiles of all the schools under their jurisdiction to their respective regional offices on or before the second Friday of October of each year.
- Regional offices shall electronically process the school age profiles for the school district, school division and regional data bulletins. The outputs are expected to be ready for distribution to the district and division offices by the second Monday of December.
- The Department’s statistical bulletin based on the school profiles and data bulletins shall be produced by OPS using diskettes of school districts, school divisions and regional bulletins to be supplied by the regional offices on or before the second Monday of December.
- In view of the need for complete and reliable data, the field is urged to implement rigid data control and verification procedures. Regional Directors are directed to hold sub-regional school executives responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the entries in the data gathering forms.
- For immediate dissemination and compliance.
Incl.: As stated
Reference: DECS Order: No. 79, s. 1987
Allotment: 1-2-3-4— (M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual – Index under the following subjects:
RULES & REGULATIONS