DO 74, s. 1989 – Admission and Service Fees for Foreign Students
August 4, 1989
DO 74, s. 1989
Admission and Service Fees for Foreign Students
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- As proposed by the Board of Directors of the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities (PACU) and recommended by the Inter-Agency Committee on Foreign Students and the Board of Higher Education, schools may collect an admission fee of P1,500 from each new foreign student. An additional service fee of P1,000, may be collected semestrally excluding summer session.
- Permanent resident aliens who were born in the Philippines shall be exempted from payment of the admission and service fees. All other categories of foreign students may be charged theses fees.
- It is understood that all fees collected shall be properly receipted.
- In view of the additional service fee, it is desired that all schools, with 30 or more non-immigrant foreign, students should establish a Foreign Students’ Section/Office to handle special services for foreign students such as releasing of grades and processing of study permits, transfers, change of courses, honorable dismissal, enrolment, etc.
- This Order which shall take effect immediately amends DECS Order No. 24, s. 1989.
Reference: DECS Order No. 24, s. 1989
Allotment: 1-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ADMISSION OR ENROLMENT