DO 90, s. 1990 – Integration of the Technical and Vocational Education Project (Loan Agreement No. 531-PHI) as a Program Thrust of the Bureau of Technical and Vocational Education
September 20, 1989
DO 90, s. 1990
Integration of the Technical and Vocational Education Project (Loan Agreement No. 531-PHI) as a Program Thrust of the Bureau of Technical and Vocational Education
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- Pursuant to the Government’s strategy of improving the quality of industrial manpower development through the upgrading of schools of arts and trades into premier Technician Education Institutes (TEIs), the Technical and Vocational Education Project (TVEP) which terminated on 31 December 1988, is hereby integrated with the Bureau of Technical and Vocational Education for the purpose of institutionalization of the program thrusts into the mainstream of the educational system.
- The twenty (20) TEIs together with the four (4) Centers as listed in the inclosure are hereby institutionalized and henceforth shall form a part of the BTVE’s network of Technician Education Institutes (TEIs). The regional office shall take over the administrative supervision of the DECS-supervised institutions, but shall coordinate all TEIs as regards the objectives of the Technical and Vocational Education Project, especially the implementation of the Diploma of Technology. Copies of all reports from the TEIs shall be furnished the BTVE together with the consolidated and narrative reports of the regional offices, which shall form part of the Annual Report.
- As leader schools in their respective regions, the TEIs shall lead other institutions in activities related to:
- Staff Development and Technician Training
- Curriculum and Instructional Materials Development
- Educational Facilities Development and Maintenance
- Research and Innovation
- Other activities which may be authorized.
They shall also assist in the institution-building efforts of other schools of arts and trades within their regional responsibility.
- The Executive Director of EDPITAF, the Director of BTVE, the past TVEP Project Director, the heads of the Centers and Administrators/PIOs shall organize a committee to effect the official transfer of the administrative supervision to the regional director in the case of the DECS-supervised schools, and records in the case of the SUCs.
- This Order shall take effect on the beginning of the School Year 1989-90. Immediate dissemination to all concerned is desired.
Incl.: As stated
Reference: DECS Order: No. 45, s. 1987
Allotment: 1–3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: