DO 8, s. 1990 – The National Emergency Powers Act (Republic Act No. 6826)
Bureau Directors/Cultural Agency Directors
Directors of Services and Heads of Units/Centers
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendent/Administrators
- For the guidance of all concerned, inclosed is the full text of Republic Act No. 6826, otherwise known as “The National Emergency Powers Act”, which was approved by the President on December 20, 1989.
- As a measure intended to effectively deal with the exigencies of the Nation, and to carry out the difficult task of the economic reconstruction and recovery as a result of the recent December hostilities, all concerned are enjoined to extend to the President their full support and cooperation.
- As the Department’s response to the President’s task, all DECS central and regional officials and employees are directed to observe the following:
- Implement immediate improved measures in processing the official transactions of DECS with its individual clientele as part of its front-line services;
- Assist in the creation and maintain of an atmosphere of normalcy in its functions, and project an image of efficiency and effectiveness in all its services and activities;
- Establish a close coordination with other government agencies and entities to exchange/share relevant information to keep its sector well-informed at all times; and
- set up a monitoring network at the district and division levels to enhance the exercise o the authorized powers provided in Sector 3 (a) and (b) of the Act.
- To minimize all forms of disinformation, especially on official matters of speculative currency, tending to mislead or confuse the education sector, the DECS Central Office is setting up central information, relevant information, and to service referrals from all sectors.
- Finally, all DECS officials are advised to stress performance and commitment on their co-workers in the Department, and for each of them to serve as effective elements towards achieving the country’s stability and normalcy.
- Officials and employees of the DECS central and regional offices are enjoined to extend their full support and cooperation for the immediate and wide dissemination of this Order.
(SGD.) ISIDRO D. CARIÑO
Incl.: As stated
Allotment: 1-2-3-4–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES
RULES & REGULATIONS