DO 33, s. 1990 – Guidelines Governing the Operation of CGFNS Review Centers
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities with a Recognized Nursing Program
Operators of CGFNS Review Centers
- The Department of Education, Culture and Sports is mandated under Executive Order No. 117, s. 1987, to coordinate with various agencies in providing opportunities for the acquisition of skills necessary to enhance and ensure continuing employability, efficiency, productivity, and competitiveness in the labor market.
- Recognizing the technical expertise of the DECS in the area of nursing education, the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), Department of Labor and Employment has transferred the regulation and supervision of the Commission for Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) review centers to the DECS, effective February 2, 1990.
- Applications for renewal and new applications for authority to operate review centers for CGFNS shall be filed henceforth with the Bureau of Higher Education, Department of Education, Culture and Sports.
- The inclosed guidelines for the establishment and operation of CGFNS review centers are hereby issued for the information and guidance of all concerned.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of these guidelines is highly desired.
Incl.: As stated
Reference: Unnumbered Memorandum dated February 9, 1990
Allotment: 1-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS AND OFFICES
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE
RULES AND REGULATIONS
UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES