DO 36, s. 1990 – Guidelines Concerning Use of Textbooks in Elementary and Secondary Education Amended by DO 122, s. 1991 – Guidelines for Textbooks Adoption for Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
Bureau Directors/Cultural Agency Directors
Directors of Services and Heads of Units/Centers
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- In response to repeated requests from parents of students in private schools throughout the country, this office reviewed the policies governing the use of textbooks in relation to prescribed curricula for elementary and secondary education.
- Accordingly, the following guidelines are promulgated effective school year 1990-1991:
- All private elementary and secondary schools will continue to exercise the prerogative of choosing and prescribing their own textbook on condition that these are locally authored, published and as prescribed by law.
- The decision to use such textbooks shall be for a 6-year period of adaption. This will maximize the use or the textbook besides being economical to the parents.
- It is highly recommended that private schools should seriously consider the use of the commercial edition of textbooks adopted in the public schools.
- Exception to the above guidelines shall be justified and considered on a case-to-case basis.
- Please be guided accordingly.
(SGD.) ISIDRO D. CARINO
Allotment: 1-2-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
Course of Study, ELEMENTARY
Course of Study, SECONDARY
RULES & REGULATIONS