DO 45, s. 1990 – Revised Policy on Extension of Service beyond Mandatory Retirement Age Amended by DO 76, s. 1990 – Extension of Services of Compulsory Retirees to Complete the Fifteen Years Service Requirement for Retirement Purposes
May 4, 1990
DO 45, s. 1990
Revised Policy on Extension of Service beyond Mandatory Retirement Age
Bureau Directors/Cultural Agency Directors
Directors of Services and Heads of Units/Centers
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- It has been observed that many requests for extension of services beyond the compulsory retirement age are received from officials and employees notwithstanding the policy of this office against such extension of service.
- In order to properly guide the field, the following policy of this Office shall be observed:
- Regional Directors/Heads of Offices shall inform officials and employees under them to file their applications for retirement at least four (4) months before the date of their mandatory retirement.
- Regional Directors/Heads of Office shall see to it that prospective successors are trained to assume the duties and responsibilities of an official and employee due for retirement.
- There shall be no extension of service of officials, teachers or employees beyond the age of mandatory retirement.
- The policy against extension of service beyond mandatory retirement age, however, shall not apply in the case of officials whose tenure of office is at the pleasure of the President, as specified in Memorandum Circular No. 1003 of the office of the President. The extension in the service of schools division superintendents and chiefs of divisions in the Central/Regional Offices may be allowed only in exceptional and meritorious cases when the exigencies of the service so require which shall have the prior approval of this Office.
- This order should be brought to the attention of all officials, teachers, and employees for their information and guidance.
- All rules and regulations on extension in the service beyond the mandatory age of retirement previously issued by this Office are hereby rescinded.
- This Order takes effect immediately. Strict compliance is desired.
(SGD.) PEDRO O. SANVICENTE
References: DECS Orders: Nos. 7 and 40, s. 1987 and 103, s. 1988
Allotment: 1-2-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES
RULES & REGULATIONS