DO 72, s. 1990 – Agreement on the Supervision, Governance and Coordination of the Technical and Vocational Education Project Beneficiary Institutions
June 22, 1990
DO 72, s. 1990
Agreement on the Supervision, Governance and Coordination of the Technical and Vocational Education Project Beneficiary Institutions
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- The Technical and Vocational Education Project (Loan Agreement 531-PHI of the Asian Development Bank) was designed to improve the quality of technical and vocational education, specifically technician education, and to provide additional capacity for training in engineering technologies of 20 selected technician education institutes (TEIs). The main objectives of the project are to:
- Improve the quality of technical and vocational education and training of middle-level technical manpower required for social and economic development.
- Initiate and formalize in-service training programs on a continuing basis for the teaching and non-teaching staff of beneficiary institutions;
- Promote research in, and curricular and instructional materials development for, technical and vocational education; and
- Improve planning, management and regulation of the technical and vocational education system including accreditation of technical and vocational education programs and institutions.
- Pursuant to DECS Order No. 90, s. 1989, the Project was integrated with the Bureau of Technical and Vocational Education for the purpose of institutionalization of the TVEP initiatives in the mainstream of the technical education system.
- To facilitate such institutionalization, agreements reached on the supervision, governance and coordination of project beneficiary institutions as listed in Inclosures I-IV hereof, shall be implemented.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order to all concerned is desired.
Incl.: As stated
Reference: DECS Orders Nos. 28, s. 1987 and 90, s. 1989
Allotment: 1-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: