DO 106, s. 1990 – Liability of Officials for Violating DECS Regulations on School Paper Funds
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- It has come to the attention of this Office that subscription fees to secondary school papers are being spent for purpose other than those for which they are intended.
- In this connection, particular attention is invited to Paragraph II-E of Inclosure to DECS Order No. 105, s. 1989 entitled “Guidelines for the Administration of the High School Campus Publication,” to wit:
“E. Fees collected from student-subscribers shall be used/appropriated exclusively for the printing of the school paper and other expenses relative to its proper and efficient operation and management. Violation of this provision by any school official or teacher shall be cause for administrative and/or criminal action against the violator.”
- DECS Order No. 54, s. 1989, Paragraph 1-e, has authorized the collection on voluntary basis the amount of P20.00 per year as subscription fee of secondary students to their high school paper. All subscription fees should be in the custody of the school and not the PTA or any other organization, and as such secondary school principals are accountable for them.
- In view of this anomalous operation of school paper funds by some schools, it is requested that proper accounting and auditing of these funds be made regularly by school authorities and the Commission on audit (COA) and reports be made to this Offices starting this School Year 1990-1991.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order to all concerned.
(SGD.) ISIDRO D. CARINO
References: DECS Orders: (Nos. 54 and 105, s. 1989)
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES & REGULATIONS