DO 116, s. 1990 – Amendment to DECS Order No. 15, s. 1989 (Policies and Standards for Dental Education)
To: Regional Directors
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Deans, Colleges of Dentistry
- Pursuant to the request of the Association of Dental Schools in the Philippines, the following amendments to DECS Order No. 15, s. 1989 (Policies and Standards for Dental Education) are hereby made:
- Nutrition will be offered as a 2-unit subject.
- Orthodontics I will be offered as a 2-unit subject with one (1) hour lecture and three (3) hours laboratory per week.
- Hospital Dentistry I and II which are offered as 3-unit subjects with two (2) hours lecture and four (4) hours laboratory per week will be offered as one (1) hour lecture and six (6) hours laboratory per week.
- A total of one hundred fifty-three (153) units is required to complete the four-year dental course.
The effectivity and implementation of the revised four year dental curriculum shall be in accordance with the following schedules:
First Year – School Year 1991-92
Second Year – School Year 1992-93
Third Year – School Year 1993-94
Fourth Year – School Year 1994-95
- Wide dissemination of this Order is desired.
Reference: DECS Orders: No. 15, s. 1989
Allotment: 1-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE
RULES AND REGULATIONS