DO 122, s. 1990 – Emergency Measures to Improve Pupil/Student Performance
To: Bureau Directors
- Emergency measures shall be implemented in order to obviate possible negative effects of class suspensions caused by typhoons, earthquakes, transportation strikes (including Welga ng Bayan) during the school year, on pupil performance.
- The Service Manual and the Manual of Regulation for Private Schools fixed the length of a school year to 40 weeks and the minimum number of days to not less than 185 (exclusive of holidays, registration days, and days of special activities).
- Depending on the number of school days “lost”, Saturday classes, shortened Christmas recess or extension of the school aforementioned may be adapted in order that the minimum number of days can be met.
- Information regarding the options selected should be disseminated to all concerned so that adequate preparations and planning can be done.
- Immediate and wide dissemination possible of this Order should be made for guidance and appropriate action.
(SGD.) ISIDRO D. CARINO
Incl.: As stated
Reference: DECS Order No, 6, s. 1990
Allotment: 1-2-3- – (M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: