DO 124, s. 1990 – Organizing the Regional Scholarship Committees
November 8, 1990
DO 124, s. 1990
Organizing the Regional Scholarship Committees
To: Regional Directors
- In review of DECS’ desire for an equitable distribution of scholarships, the organization of a Regional Scholarship Committee (RSC) in each region is hereby authorized. The RSC should be headed by a schools division superintendent as chairman, a city schools superintendent as vice-chairman, and the regional division chiefs of Nonformal Education, Vocational/Technical Education, Elementary Education, Secondary Education, and Higher Education as members.
- In general, the RSC shall attend to the various requirements of the DECS Scholarship Committee.
- Specifically, the RSC shall perform the following functions:
- Disseminate invitation for scholarships in their respective regions;
- Accept, screen, and select qualified applicants based on: (1) outstanding performance, (2) experience, and (3) academic records;
- Nominate qualified applicants to the DECS Secretary thru the Assistant Secretary for International Education, Programs and Projects, and
- Conduct regular screening of applicants for scholarships to constitute a list/pool of qualified candidates.
- The Office of the Assistant Secretary for International Education, Programs and Projects, shall conduct an orientation seminar with the Regional Scholarship Committees as soon as these Committees are organized.
- All DECS officials concerned are enjoined to extend full support and cooperation to the RSCs in the exercise of their functions.
- This Order shall take effect immediately.
(SGD.) ISIDRO D. CARIÑO
Allotment: 1—( M.O. 1-87 )
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: