DO 125, s. 1990 – Institutions Authorized to Accept Non-Immigrant Foreign Students
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Upon recommendation of the Inter-Agency Committee on Foreign Students and in consultation with the National Capital Region Registrar’s Association (NASCRA), the Commission on Immigration and Deportation (CID) has approved the following revised list of schools that will be allowed to admit non-immigrant foreign students effective school year 1991-1992.
- Foreign students already enrolled in institutions not included in this list may continue to study in the same schools until they graduate or they may transfer to any of those authorized to accept them.
- Institutions not included in the list may submit their applications for authority to enroll foreign students to the Bureau of Higher Education, DECS, one semester before the opening of the school year for transmittal to and approval of the Commission on Immigration and Deportation (CID). They should not admit foreign students before such authority has been granted by the Commission on Immigration and Deportation (CID).
- The authority granted to an institution to accept foreign students shall be withdrawn in the event that the school repeatedly violates the regulations and requirements for the admission of foreign students.
- Strict observance of the aforementioned guidelines by all concerned is desired.
Incl.: As stated
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ADMISSION OR ENROLEMENT
SOCIETY OR ASSOCIATIONS