DO 130, s. 1990 – Creation of a Secretariat for the Chairman/Presiding Officer of the Governing Boards of the State Universities and Colleges (SUCs)
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
- Considering the provision of the charters of state universities and colleges designating the Secretary of Education, Culture and Sports (DECS) as Chairman of the Board of Regents/Trustees, there is hereby created in the DECS, based at the Bureau of Higher Education (BHE), a permanent Secretariat composed of the following:
Reynaldo T. Pena – BHE – Chairman
Adoracion M. del Prado – BHE – Member
Precillana J. Honorica – BHE – Member
A representative from the Philippine Association of State Universities and Colleges (PASUC)
- The Secretariat shall have the following functions:
- Provide the Presiding Chairman/Officer of the Governing Boards with the necessary technical and administrative support for the effective discharge of his functions;
- Provide all concerned with needed base-line data and conduct technical studies to support decision-making; and
- Coordinate with the Committees on Education of the Senate and House of Congress and other agencies on matters pertinent to SUCs.
- This Order shall take effect immediately.
Allotment: 1-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BOARD OR COUNCIL
UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES