DO 140, s. 1991 – Guidelines in the Administration of the Study-Now-Pay-Later Plan in the Regions Effective SY 1992-1993
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
b. National and Regional Priority Courses
Inclosure No. 2 of this Order are the validated national priority courses of the SNPLP as approved by the State Assistance Council’s Sub-Committee on Programs and Projects. The regional priority courses will be inclosed in the DECS Order under the PESFA program.
Before enrolment period, qualified applicants from school division offices/regional pilot schools shall select one of the courses of their choice from among the prescribed national or regional priority courses.
c. Financial/Accounting Procedures
(1) DECS regional offices shall open a separate current account with PNB branch offices for funds released for the administration of the Study-Now-Pay-Later Plan.
(2) DECS Central Office Accounting Division shall sub-allot the funds and issue the corresponding funding checks to the regional offices covering the financial privileges of the student-debtors enrolled in the particular region.
(3) DECS regional offices shall deposit the funds to its current account and disburse only the allowances, school fees, and other financial privileges due the student-debtor semestrally. However, for student-debtors financed by DECS appropriation through the GFIs, from SY 1988-89 to SY 1991-92, they shall be indorsed to their respective GFIs until all the student-debtors under each GFI have graduated.
(4) The procedures in the disbursement of the Education Loan Fund (ELF) is contained in the Inclosure No. 3.
d. Evaluation, Employment and Repayment
The provisions of Section 2.1 and b of DECS Order No. 114, s. 1989 on evaluation, guidance and counselling, employment, and repayment of student-debtors still apply for SY 1992-1993 until otherwise amended, revised or rescinded.
e. Reports for Submission to the BHE
(1) Semestral status report of SNPLP grantees should follow the format indicated in Inclosure No. 4 of this Order.
(2) A copy of master lists of new student-debtors in their respective schools division should be submitted to the Bureau of Higher Education, DECS Central Office, not later than two weeks after the end of every semester.
4. Immediate dissemination of this Order to all concerned is desired.
(SGD.) ISIDRO D. CARINO
Incls.: As stated
References: DECS Orders: (Nos.94, s. 1988 and 114, s. 1989)
Allotment: 1-2-3-4 (M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index
under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES
RULES & REGULATIONS
UNIVERSITIES & COLLEGES