January 8, 1992 – DO 2, s. 1992 – Integration of Education for All Programs and Projects in the 1993 Annual Plans and Budgets
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
- Her Excellency, President Corazon C. Aquino signed last October 1989 Proclamation No. 480 “Declaring the Period 1990-1999 as the Decade of Education for All”. Subsequently, Proclamation No. 841 “Reorganizing the National Committee on Education for All Created Under Proclamation No. 480, Dated October 16, 1989” and Memorandum Circular No. 141 “Adopting the Education for All: A Philippine Plan of Action, 1991-2000 as a Major Social Development Policy and Program of the Government” were signed last December 4, 1991 when the Education for All Program was formally launched by the President in Malacanang.
- With the adoption of the Education for All: Philippine Plan of Action as a priority program of the Government, the Cabinet was directed to devise a system of orchestrated resource allocation to ensure proper pooling and programming of funds in support of the Education for All programs.
- In view thereof and in line with DECS mandate to pursue the implementation of project identified in Education for All: Philippine Plan of Action, all DECS regional offices, bureaus and centers are directed to:
- base their development plans and programs for the decade on the Education for All: Philippine Plan of Action;
- integrate the Education for All programs and projects in their respective ongoing programs and activities and realign projected savings in the 1992 budget for this purpose; and
- include the Education for All programs and projects in their work program and budget proposals for FY 1993.
- Heads of the regional offices, bureaus and centers are enjoined to coordinate with the Education for All National Technical Secretariat c/o the Program Management Team with office located at Room 307, National Engineering Center Building, UP Campus, Diliman, Quezon City (Tel. 922-49-21) in complying with the provisions of this DECS Order.
- For guidance of all concerned.
Allotment: 1—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS AND OFFICES
RULES AND REGULATIONS