March 9, 1992 – DO 28, s. 1992 – Search for Excellent Private Elementary and Secondary Schools in the Regions Amended by DO 53, s. 1992 – Addendum to DECS Order No. 28, s. 1992 (Search for Excellent Private Elementary and Secondary Schools in the Regions)
To: Bureau Directors
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- It has been declared the policy of the State to encourage and assist, through this Department, educational institutions to attain high levels of quality in the educational programs offered to students and the community.
- Pursuant to Section 29, Batas Pambansa Blg. 232 in relation to Rule IV of the Rules and Regulations for the implementation of the said Act, criteria have been formulated to guide in the identification of excellent private elementary and secondary schools.
- The following criteria should be strictly observed:
- Mission and Purpose – There is harmony between the State’s educational mandate and the avowed mission and purpose of the school.
- Instructional Program – The curriculum provides for more than the basic core requirements of the New Elementary School Curriculum or the New Secondary Education Curriculum, and instructional methodologies and techniques used, respond effectively and efficiently to students’ learning styles.
- School Personnel – Academic and non-academic staff are professionally qualified.
- Student Performance – Outstanding academic performance of students as measured in national, regional or division assessment programs.
- Library Resources – The quality and quantity of library resources exceed the minimum required.
- Physical Facilities – More than adequate school campus, buildings, laboratories, furniture, equipment, etc.
- Financial Resources – More than adequate and stable financial resources.
- School-Community Relations – School enjoys community prestige, and provides high levels of school-community interaction.
- The inclosure, entitled “Criteria in the Selection of Excellent Private Elementary and Secondary Schools”, contains the general and specific criteria (including the weight of each criterion) to be used in the identification of excellent schools. The regions are expected to prepare an instrument (e.g. checklist, interview guide, questionnaire, etc.) based on the aforementioned inclosure.
- Regional directors are hereby directed to submit to the Office of the DECS Undersecretary for Programs and Projects, a list of excellent private elementary and secondary schools in their respective regions not later than March 15, 1992.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is desired.
Incl.: As stated
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES AND REGULATIONS