May 13, 1992 – DO 49, s. 1992 – Selection of Honor Students in the Secondary Schools
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- To give due recognition to graduating students who have shown exemplary performance in their high school work, guidelines have been formulated for the selection of honor students.
- The guidelines contained in the inclosure shall be implemented starting SY 1992-1993 in all public and private secondary schools. Teachers, parents, and students must be given orientation on the scheme at the beginning of the school year.
- Final selection and announcement of honor students should be made not earlier than thirty (30) days nor later than fifteen (15) days before the commencement exercises or graduation rites.
- Protests filed ten days before the commencement exercises shall not be entertained.
- It is desired that this Order be immediately disseminated to all concerned. All rules and regulations inconsistent with this Order are hereby amended and rescinded.
Incl.: As stated
Reference: MECS Order: No. 31, s. 1981
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
COURSE OF STUDY, SECONDARY
PRIZES OR AWARDS
RULES AND REGULATIONS