June 3, 1992 – DO 58, s. 1992 – Providing Opportunities for Students of the Philippines Institute of Physical Education And Sports (PIPES) To Enroll In Other Educational Institutions
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- In consonance with the directive issued by the undersigned on January 31, 1992, for the Philippine Institute of Physical Education and Sports (PIPES) to cease its operations at the end of the current school year, the following are further described for the disposition of PIPES students, administrative personnel, records, and properties:
- To assist the students of the PIPES to continue their studies after the end of school year 1991-1992, all educational institutions offering courses in the undergraduate and graduate studies in physical education shall accept students coming from the PIPES beginning school year 1992-1993, provided these students meet the academic and other entrance requirements of the institutions concerned.
- Likewise, the existing organic administrative personnel of the PIPES shall be entitled to the benefits that are legally extended to them upon termination of their services, subject to the rules and regulations covering such termination.
- Organic administrative personnel of the PIPES who have rendered continuous service for at least eight years in the PIPES or its forerunners, the Marcos Sports Academy (MASA) and the National College Physical Education (NCPE), shall also be given priority to apply for employment in the different agencies of the Department, such as, the Bureau of Physical Education and School Sports (BPESS), the National Educators Academy of the Philippines (NEAP), and other similar training units of the DECS, provided they meet the qualification standards and other requirements for employment in the positions they wish to apply for.
- The Director of the PIPES, in consultation with the resident auditor and PIPES administrative personnel, shall supervise the transfer of records and other properties of the PIPES to the Bureau of Physical Education and School Sports and these shall become part of the records and properties of the Bureau.
- Compliance with and immediate dissemination of the contents of this Order to all concerned are desired.
Reference: DECS Order: No. 14, s. 1992
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ADMISSION OR ENROLMENT
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE
RULES AND REGULATIONS