June 29, 1992 – DO 69, s. 1992 – Declaring the BPESS as the Lead Bureau in the Promotion and Development of the Physical Education Curricular Program and Cultural Activities in All Levels in the School Systems
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- Pursuant to the provisions of Executive Order No. 117 which defines among others the functions of the Bureau of Physical Education and School Sports and to provide central direction and coordination in the promotion of cultural activities, the BPESS is hereby declared as the lead bureau in the promotion and development of physical education curricular program and cultural activities in all levels in the school system in consultation and coordination with the Bureau of Elementary, Secondary and Higher Education.
- As the lead bureau in the promotion and development of the physical education curricular program as prescribed under Executive Order No. 117, the BPESS shall perform the following specific functions:
- Formulate policies and guidelines to improve physical education;
- Plan, design, revise and evaluate physical education curricular program in all levels; and
- Upgrade and develop the quality of teaching physical education including teaching materials, facilities and equipment.
- In addition to the abovementioned functions, the BPESS shall also plan, coordinate and evaluate the cultural programs and activities in all levels in the school system.
- In consonance with the decentralization program of the DECS, the Regional Physical Education and School Sports Division shall plan and implement projects and activities in physical education and school sports for the region based on the policies and programs set by the BPESS. It shall also, in coordination and collaboration with the elementary, secondary, higher education and other technical divisions concerned in the region, supervise, monitor, and evaluate physical education curricular program and cultural programs and activities of schools in all levels in the region, including vocational and technical schools.
- Immediate implementation and dissemination of this Order is greatly desired.
Allotment: 1-2-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS AND OFFICES
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE
COURSE OF STUDY, ELEMENTARY
COURSE OF STUDY, SECONDARY