June 29, 1992 – DO 74, s. 1992 – Creation of a Steering Committee to Oversee the Operationalization of Linkage Programs with Business and Industry
June 29, 1992
DO 74, s. 1992
Creation of a Steering Committee to Oversee the Operationalization of Linkage Programs with Business and Industry
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- There is hereby created a steering committee to coordinate and oversee the operationalization of linkage programs with business and industry, with the following composition:
Undersecretary for Programs – Chairman
Director, Bureau of Technical and Vocational Education – Member
Director, National Capital Region – MemberThe National Steering Committee shall formulate with the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry a common timetable of events to ensure the effective cooperation and coordination of the linkage programs with the various participating institutions, chambers and industry associations.
- The regional directors shall organize a similar coordinating body at the regional level to ensure effective coordination and monitoring of the linkage programs. The Regional Steering Committee shall be chaired by the assistant regional director with the following combination of membership: TVED chief and superintendent of a higher education college, or HED chief and superintendent of a technical-vocational education institution. They shall list schools in each province with excellent programs in food, metals, chemicals and construction and submit the same to the national level steering committee for confirmation. The steering committees of both DECS and PCCI shall match the schools with PCCI provincial chapters and for industry associations.
- The Bureau of Technical and Vocational Education is hereby designated as the Agency Action Officer. The Bureau shall also provide secretariat services to the National Steering Committee. The technical and vocational divisions in the regional offices shall be similarly designated as Regional Action Officers to perform secretariat duties.
- The steering committees at both levels shall see to it that technical and higher education institutions in each province strong in the critical industries of food, metals, chemicals and construction are identified and assisted to establish linkage programs with the appropriate business or industry.
- The Regional Steering Committee shall submit a quarterly report of its activities to the Secretary through the National Steering Committee.
- Compliance of all concerned is enjoined.
Reference: DECS Memorandum: No. 119, s. 1992
Allotment: 1-2-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: