August 5, 1992 – DO 80, s. 1992 – Prohibiting the Collection of Contributions from Students of Public Elementary Schools
August 5, 1992
DO 80, s. 1992
Prohibiting the Collection of Contributions from Students of Public Elementary Schools
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
- This Office has received complaints from parents and students regarding the collection of contributions including those that are voluntary but authorized by law and this Office. In spite of the Order issued by this Office that such collections are not requirements for enrolment, many school officials and teachers still require students to pay such contributions at the enrolment period. This is a violation of the concept of free elementary education.
- Henceforth, no contributions whatsoever will be collected from the public elementary students during the enrolment period.
- Authorized contributions, including membership fees to Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts of the Philippines, the National Red Cross, and Anti-TB educational and fund campaign, shall be solicited on a voluntary basis not during the period of enrolment but only during their respective campaign periods as follows:
Nature/Kind of Contribution Period of Fund Campaign Amount of Contrubution/Fee Membership fee to the Boy Scouts of the Philippines June-September P15.00 each member Membership fee to the Girl Scouts of the Philippines January-December P15.00 each member Philippines National Red Cross January-December P0.50/student or P20.00/class of 40 Anti-TB Educational and Fund Campaign January-December P1.00/student
- Membership fee to the PTA/PTCA shall be fixed at not more than twenty pesos (P20.00) per parent-member. Likewise, the PTA/PTCA membership fee and all other contributions shall be collected not earlier than three (3) months after the enrolment period.
- Attention is invited to the following issuances of this Office which should be strictly followed:
- DECS Order No. 5, s. 1992 – Policy on Solicitation of Contributions
- DECS Order No. 123, s. 1990 – Prohibiting Contributions to Athletic Meets and Other Similar Activities
- DECS Memorandum No. 178, s. 1988 – Primer on Free Public Elementary Education
- Regional directors, schools superintendents, school principals, and teachers are directed to strictly implement this Order and those enumerated in paragraph 5. Monitoring by the regional directors and schools superintendents of all schools in their areas is required to check the implementation of this Order. Any violation shall be dealt with administratively.
- For immediate dissemination and compliance.
References: DECS Orders Nos. 123, s. 1990 and 5, s. 1992
DECS Memorandum: No. 178, s. 1988
Allotment: 1-2—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
SOCIETY OR ASSOCIATIONS