August 7, 1992 – DO 82, s. 1992 – Annual Collection and Processing of Basic School and School District Data
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
Heads of Special Education Schools
- The fully installed computer-based data collection, processing, storage and retrieval system starts this school year with the distribution, collection and processing of school and school district profiles.
- The data gathering forms covering SY 1992-1993 consist of the following:
- Public Elementary School Profile, Forms 1 and 2
- Private Elementary School Profile, Forms 1 and 2
- Public Secondary School Profile, Forms 1 and 2
- Private Secondary School Profile, Forms 1 and 2
- School District Profile, Forms 1 and 2
- Data on Special Education School and Pupil Data
- Technical and Vocational School Profile, Forms 1 and 2
- The format and content of the data-gathering instruments are the same for all school types and categories and for all school districts to minimize problems in electronic data processing. Thus, the design, revision, and distribution of these forms shall be undertaken by the Office of the Planning Service (OPS) which shall also distribute these forms to the regional offices on or before the first Monday of September of each year.
- The regional offices shall be responsible for the distribution, collection and processing of the school and school district profiles of all the schools within their respective regions using the Education Statistics System (ESS) database. The OPS shall provide technical assistance to the DECSRO Planning Unit in the processing of the data-gathering forms.
- Presidents of government and private higher education institutions, schools superintendents, vocational school superintendents/administrators, secondary school principals, district supervisors, and heads of elementary schools are held responsible and accountable for the prompt, complete and accurate filling-up of the data gathering forms and timely submission of the same.
- Heads of public elementary schools shall submit their duly accomplished school profile to the district office where they belong on or before the third Friday of September. Heads of public secondary schools and private elementary and high schools and those attached to private colleges and universities shall submit their school profiles to the division office where they belong, the vocational secondary schools reporting to vocational school superintendents shall also submit their school profiles to the office of the vocational school superintendent on or before the third Friday of September. The school profiles of elementary schools attached to nonchartered tertiary institutions and vocational secondary schools directly reporting to the regional office shall be submitted to the regional offices on or before the third Friday of September. The school profiles of elementary schools attached to state colleges and universities, and the Form on Special Education School and Pupil Data shall be submitted to the Research and Statistics Division, Office of the Planning Service on or before the third Friday of September. The school profile of public and private technical vocational institutions shall be submitted to their respective regional offices on or before the third Friday of September.
- The district offices shall submit the school profile of all the schools under their jurisdiction to their respective division offices on or before the first Monday of October. Division offices/office of the vocational school superintendents shall submit the school profile of all the schools under their jurisdiction to their respective regional offices on or before the second Friday of October of each year.
- Regional offices shall electronically process the school profiles and school district profiles to produce school district, school division and regional statistical bulletins. The technical and vocational school profile shall, likewise, be processed at the regional office, while the data for special education shall be processed at the Office of the Planning Service. The outputs are expected to be ready for distribution to the district and division offices by the second Monday of December.
- The Department’s statistical bulletin based on the school profiles and school district profiles shall be produced by OPS using diskettes of school district, school division, and regional statistical bulletins to be supplied by the regional offices on or before the second Monday of December.
- In view of the need for complete and reliable data, the field is advised to implement rigid data control and verification procedures. Regional directors are directed to hold sub-regional school executives responsible and accountable for the accuracy and completeness of the entries in the data-gathering forms.
- Full attention and strict compliance with this Order is earnestly requested of all concerned for the successful implementation of this annual statistical activity.
Reference: DECS Order No. 82, s. 1990
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES AND REGLATIONS