August 7, 1992 – DO 87, s. 1992 – Utilization of Three Special Education Publications
To: Bureau Directors
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- In response to the felt need in the field for specific guidelines on the education of the gifted and for instructional materials for the handicapped, three (3) Special Education (SPED) publications, namely: (a) Handbook on Educating the Gifted; (b) Livelihood Education Instructional Materials for Children with Special Needs; and (c) 1991 Revised Filipino Braille Code, have been scheduled for dissemination during the orientation conferences in SPED to be held from August to October 1992.
- The Handbook on Educating the Gifted is for the use of administrators, supervisors, SPED teachers, and others concerned with the gifted to serve as guide in the organization of SPED programs for this type of learners.
- The Livelihood Education Instructional Materials for Children with Special Needs is designed to improve instruction on livelihood skills for children with special needs.
- The Revised Filipino Braille Code is an updated resource guide for teachers/volunteers concerned with the improvement of instruction among in-school and out-of-school blind children and youth.
- Compliance with the policies and guidelines in these publications, which are aimed towards the improvement and expansion of quality educational services for the gifted and handicapped, is hereby requested.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of the contents of this Order is desired.
Reference: DECS Order: No. 113, s. 1991
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: