November 3, 1992 – DO 106, s. 1992 – Amendments to the Policies Relating to the National College Entrance Examination (NCEE)
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Paragraphs 1 and 3 under provision no. IV on the policies pertinent to the National College Entrance Examination (NCEE) as inclosed to MECS Order No. 9, s. 1983 are hereby amended to read as follows:IV. Disciplinary Action
1. DECS officials and other government personnel and employees involved in the conduct/administration of the NCEE who are found negligent of their duties or who commit infractions of the law, rules and regulations, such as initiative or tolerating any form of cheating which adversely affects the integrity of the tests, shall be dismissed from the service. The students concerned shall not be allowed to continue taking the test, or in case cheating is established only after the test, their test results shall be cancelled.
3. Students who are found to have submitted fake/tampered NCEE rating slips shall be barred from enrolling in any college or university, or shall not be permitted to continue pursuing their respective courses. However, they shall be allowed to take the NCEE again after two years from the time the fraudulent act was established and if they qualify, shall be permitted to enroll in degree programs of their choice.
- All other provisions and/or issuances inconsistent with this Order are hereby rescinded/modified accordingly.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order for the information, guidance, and observance in the field is desired.
References: MECS Order: No. 9 s. 1983
DECS Order: No. 19, s. 1989
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES AND REGULATIONS
UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES