DO 5, s. 1994 – Core of Regional Trainors for the Special Education Program
To: Bureau Directors, Regional Directors, and Schools Superintendents
Heads of Chartered State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- In pursuance of the thrust of improving the capabilities of SPED personnel to cope with the increasing demand for special education services at all levels (elementary, secondary, and tertiary), the Regional Special Education Council (RSEC) is urged to organize core of trainors for the special education program.
- This core of regional trainors shall have the following functions:
- assess the training needs of administrators, supervisors, and teachers in special education and formulate viable strategies for trainings.
- conduct in-service trainings on special education at the regional and sub-regional levels; and
- provide technical assistance to SPED schools or centers to improve teachers’ competence or to implement community and parent education in disability prevention, identification, and rehabilitation.
- The number of trainors shall be determined by the RSEC based on its Agenda for Action in Special Education. This core of trainors shall be chosen from the pool of SPED teachers, administrators and supervisors who have been recipients of the DECS scholarship program in special education offered at the University of the Philippines of the Philippine Normal University and those who attended the T.E.A.C.H. (Training Exceptional and Advanced Children) National Training for Trainors in Summer 1998 in coordination with the ROYAL Pasta of California Manufacturing Company.
- A report on the organized core of trainors for SPED shall be sent to the Director of the Bureau of Elementary Education on or before June 15, 1994.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of this Order is desired for the information and strict compliance of all concerned.
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: