September 16, 1994 – DO 65, s. 1994 – National School Enrollment Day
Bureau/Cultural Agency Directors
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
All Other Officials Concerned
- To implement the Constitutional mandate on free and compulsory elementary education and to ensure the enrolment of children who shall have reached the age of six by the beginning of every school year, a National School Enrolment Day for Grade I shall be held on the last Monday of January of every beginning on January 30, 1995.
- School officials at all levels are instructed to take the necessary measures to implement this directive, including eliciting the support of local government units, community organizations and religious, social and civic groups in identifying prospective enrollees.
- The results of National School Enrolment Day shall be used as a basis for planning for the coming school year with respect to the construction of additional classrooms and assignment of teachers. Data on expected number of Grade I pupils shall be submitted to DECS Central Office within two weeks after the National School Enrolment Day.
- Detailed guidelines for the implementation of National School Enrolment Day will be issued shortly in a follow-up DECS Order.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is desired.
Allotment: 1-2—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ADMISSION OR ENROLMENT
BUREAUS & OFFICES