November 4, 1994 – DO 75, s. 1994 – Competency Certificate for Post-Secondary Technical Vocational Education Programs in Trade-Industrial Education
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- Corollary to the issuance of DECS Order No, 45, s. 1994 mandating the adoption of the certificate and diploma courses for post-secondary technical vocational education in trade-industrial education under the Competency-Based Vocational Education (CBVE) scheme, a prescribed certificate (Inclosure No. 1) for use in the implementation of said program is hereby issued.
- The new certificate which is a necessary complement of CBVE shall be awarded to the student after the completion of a specific training program in recognition of his mastery of a set or sets of competencies of an occupation or job titles in the technology area he is enrolled in. These competencies are reflected on the reverse side of the certificate with corresponding ratings taken from the result of a performance evaluation(s) and trade test(s) which the student should pass as a prerequisite for the award. The trade test shall be conducted consistent with the National Competency Framework (NCF) as embodied in DECS Order No. 56, s. 1994. The certificate shall mirror the major skills level acquired by the student and could be used as basis for employment.
- In addition, the institution, with the assistance of the training instructor, shall keep a Competency Profile of each student in the technology area being pursued. This competency profile format (Inclosure No. 2) reflects the competencies listed in the National Competency Framework and shall serve as an official record of the student. It contains all the major and specific competencies taken during the course. The major competencies to be printed at the back of the competency certificate are lifted from this record.
- Technical vocational schools and colleges now assigned as demonstration or pilot institutions for the above courses or curricular programs shall adopt this format effective school year 1994-1995. All other institutions authorized to operate the same, or any technical program under a similar CBVE scheme shall likewise use the format for issuance to their graduates.
- Wide dissemination of the contents of this Order is desired.
Incl.: As stated
References: DECS Orders: (Nos. 45 and 56, s. 1994)
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
Course of Study, COLLEGIATE