November 21, 1994 – DO 80, s. 1994 – School Calendar for SY 1995-1996
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- The school calendar for school year 1995-1996 for the elementary and secondary levels is hereby established in accordance with the provisions of R.A. 7797, “An Act to Lengthen the School Calendar from Two Hundred (200) Days to Not More Than Two Hundred Twenty (220) Class Days”.
- As a general rule, the school opening shall not be earlier than the first Monday of June nor later than the last day of August of each year.
- For the school year 1995-1996, the following dates and periods will be observed:
- The elementary and secondary school year will begin on Monday, June 5, 1995 and end on Friday, March 29, 1996. It shall consist of two hundred five (205) class days, inclusive of examination days and class days which may be subsequently suspended due to natural or man-made calamities, instead of the previous 200 days;
- The Christmas break will begin on Thursday, December 23, 1995 and resume on Wednesday, January 3, 1996; and
- The secondary summer classes will begin on Monday, April 8, 1996 and end on Friday, May 31, 1996. The summer classes consist of a 3-hour session per unit for 45 days to conform with the increased number of contact hours and class days as announced in DECS Order No. 2, s. 1993 and RA 7797, respectively.
- In addition to regular days and special holidays authorized in Executive Order No. 203 promulgated on June 30, 1987, DECS will permit the observance of other school holidays provided the minimum number of class hours and class days are observed.
- The dates given in this calendar shall be compulsory for public elementary and secondary schools. However, they will be considered as directory for private schools, which may make modifications to suit their own needs for as long as the school opening date and the minimum number of class hours and class days, as the case may be, are observed and appropriate DECS office notified in advance.
- The 1995-1996 DECS School Calendar and the distribution of class days by month and grading period are hereby inclosed.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of the contents of this Order is directed.
DECS Orders: Nos. (2, s. 1993); 1 and 1-A, s. 1994
Allotment: 1-2-3—(M. 0. 1-87}
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ADMISSION or ENROLMENT
BUREAUS & OFFICES