December 2, 1994 – DO 82, s. 1994 – Addendum to DECS Order No. 6, S. 1993 (Full-Time Assignment of All District NFE Coordinators)
December 2, 1994
DO 82, s. 1994
Addendum to DECS Order No. 6, S. 1993 (Full-Time Assignment of All District NFE Coordinators)
To: Bureau Directors
- The Bureau of Nonformal Education (BNFE), in response to the thrusts of Philippines 2000 and the Medium-Term Philippine Development Plan (MTPDP), is committed to accomplish the following goals:
- raise the basic literacy and functional literacy levels of all Filipinos to 98% and 85%, respectively, by year 2000;
- improve the internal efficiency of DECS literacy programs by instituting policies on coverage, length of trainings, priority targets, curriculum materials and delivery systems;
- develop and expand inter-agency collaboration in literacy promotion, especially involving nongovernment organizations (NGOs) and institutions of higher learnings; and
- develop the alternative learning system to meet the learning needs of special groups who are unable to join the formal school.
- Parallel to this is the NFE Vision and Mission which aims to establish a strong foothold in the community level to ensure the success of people empowerment through the development of desirable knowledge, attitudes, values and skills (KAVS).
- To operationalize the abovecited development goals and the NFE Vision and Mission, this office hereby orders the officials concerned in the field to give full-time assignment to all district NFE coordinators whose role in the NFE program is very critical. The terms of reference (TVR) of the district NFE coordinators are:
- Identification of priority target clientele for functional education and literacy, continuing education, and livelihood skills development;
- Provision of assistance to community leaders and clientele in: (1) social preparation for NFE programs;(2) mobilization of local resources for project development and implementation; (3) development of project proposals for fund sourcing; (4) setting up a system for literacy surveillance; and (5) organization of learning groups.
- Identification of locally available paraprofessionals who could/will conduct NFE programs, and other GOs and development NGOs as project proponents:
- Monitoring and evaluation of NFE programs;
- Initiation of innovative projects; and
- Provision of technical assistance in literacy materials development and training.
- With the full-time services of the district NFE coordinators, it is expected that the efficiency and effectiveness in the implementation of NFE programs/projects in the country could be achieved.
- The list of assigned full-time district NFE coordinators should be submitted to BNFE on or before January 15, 1995.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of this Order is desired.
DECS Order: (No. 6, s. 1993)
Allotment: 1-2-—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: