DO 4, s. 1995 – New Guidelines for the Conduct of the 1995 Palarong Pambansa
January 20, 1995
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- The 1995 Palarong Pambansa will be held on February 19-25, in Lingayen, Pangasinan and in the cities of Dagupan and San Carlos, and municipality of Urdaneta. The provinces of Region I and all municipalities of Pangasinan will host the 15 regional delegations (Please see Annex A – Games Venues for Palarong Pambansa 1995).
- His Excellency President Fidel V. Ramos and the First Lady will be the Guests of Honor during the opening and closing ceremonies and in the inauguration of the new sports facilities in Pangasinan.
- The provisions of DECS Orders Nos. 81 and 93, s. 1993 (Annex B) shall govern the conduct of the 1995 Palarong Pambansa except for the Technical Games Management.
- The Tertiary Division shall be managed by a special committee from among the member colleges and universities such as PRISAA, SCUAA and DECS-supervised schools offering post secondary courses. The Tertiary Special Committee shall have the following technical groups:
- Technical Management Group;
- Officiating Officials accredited by the respective concerned National Sports Associations; and
- Jury of Appeals, Screening Committee, Finance Committee, Administrative Committee, Records Information and Documentation Committee, Computer Operators, Announcers, Evaluation and Technical Secretariat, Media Liaison, etc. The functions of the abovementioned committee are indicated on pages 57-60 of the 1S94 Palarong Pambansa Manual (Annex C).
Likewise the participation of the 15 regional tertiary athletic delegations shall be taken care of by their respective Regional Tertiary Committee. The duties and responsibilities of the Regional Athletic delegations are indicated on page 81 of the Palaro Manual (Annex D).
- BPESS shall manage the elementary and secondary divisions games which shall be played at Virgen Milagrosa University in San Carlos City while swimming will be at Dagupan City.
- Bidding for the hosting of the 1996 Palarong Pambansa will be held on February 20. Regional directors from Mindanao shall notify their respective local governments to formally present their bids. Each bidder, in accordance with the criteria indicated in the Palaro Manual, will be given 30 minutes to present their bids (Annex E).
- Demonstration and exhibition games of Non-Palaro events including those for the disabled will be scheduled in different playing venues in coordination with the tournament managers of the sport being promoted. Ms. Cristy Ramos Jalasco, DECS Ambassador of Sports, is the Chair of the Demonstration and Exhibition Sports Committee.
- Feature games in basketball, volleyball, and sepak takraw shall be held in Urdaneta Sports and Culture Center.
- Screening of athlete records and interviews will start on February 14, 1995. Tertiary division shall organize their own screening committee. The screening committee for elementary and secondary divisions composed of Central Office staff and Assistant Regional PESS Chiefs shall report to Virgen Milagrosa University in San Carlos City on the abovementioned date.
- This Memorandum shall take effect immediately. Any previous DECS insurance which may be inconsistent with this Memorandum is hereby revoked or modified accordingly.
- For immediate dissemination and compliance of all concerned.
DECS Orders: (Nos. 81 and 93, s. 1993)
DECS Memorandums: Nos. 15 and 90, s. 1994
Allotment: 1-2-3-4–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects.