March 13, 1995 – DO 14, s. 1995 – Adoption/Adaption of Mobile Teaching Program in Mountain Areas and Island School Divisions/Provinces
March 13, 1995
DO 14, s. 1995
Adoption/Adaption of Mobile Teaching Program in Mountain Areas and Island School Divisions/Provinces
To: Regional Directors
- Pursuant to the objectives of Education for All (EFA), DECS Order No. 38, s. 1993, Improving Access to Elementary Education by Providing Complete Grade Levels in All Public Elementary Schools Through Combination and/or Multigrade Classes and the attainment of the Mid-Decade Goals (MDG) in education and in support of the successful implementation of the Mobile Teaching Program (MTP) in the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR), the Department of Education, Culture and Sports is encouraging the different regions with similar cultural and geographical characteristics as the DECS-CAR to replicate, adopt or adapt their experience to help increase the participation and cohort survival rates.
- The Mobile Teaching Program (MTP) may be adopted/adapted as an alternative scheme for the delivery of educational services and to get all school-age children to school especially in mountain school divisions, island division, divisions where mobility of school-age children is hazardous and in cultural communities with nomadic lifestyle.
- The MTP may be deemed as stop-gap approach considering cultural characteristics and may cease in operation when the government shall have established elementary schools in all barangays and when all incomplete elementary schools shall have offered the compete elementary curriculum.
- In organizing MTP schools, the provisions of DECS Order No. 38, s. 1993 should guide all regions.
- Information about the MTP of the DECS-CAR, including what it is and how it works is inclosed.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of the contents of this Order to all concerned is desired.
Incl.: As stated
Reference: DECS Order: (No. 38, s. 1993)
Allotment: 1-2—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: