March 27, 1995 – DO 18, s. 1995 – Reconstitution of Pre-Post Qualification, Bids, and Awards Committee (PBAC)
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
- In accordance with Section IB 1.1 of the Implementing Rules and Regulations of PD 1594, as amended, providing for the organization of the PBAC and appointment of the regular members thereof which shall be for periods not longer than one (1) year without prejudice to renewal, and in order to attain greater efficiency in the procurement of supplies and equipment, and the construction of other infrastructure projects, the following guidelines should be observed:
- The composition of the Central PBAC and Regional PBAC shall be reconstituted every six (6) months;
- The composition of the PBAC who shall be responsible for the conduct of bidding and recommending award of contracts shall be as follows:
Chairman (regular) – at least third ranking official of the Department/ Office/Agency
Executive Officer and Secretary (regular) – Legal Officer of the Department/Office/Agency
Member (regular) – Technical member designated by the head of Department/ Office/Agency
Member (provisional) – at least two with experience in the type of project to be bidded and in project management, duly designated by the head of Department/Office/ Agency on a project-to-project basis
Member (regular) – President of the Parent- Teachers Association or Confederation of PTAs
- Wide dissemination of this Order and strict compliance
herewith is directed.
- This Order shall take effect immediately.
References: DECS Order: No. 69, s. 1994
Allotment: 1-2—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: