March 28, 1995 – DO 19, s. 1995 – Distribution and Maximization of the Multigrade Instructional Package
March 28, 1995
DO 19, s. 1995
Distribution and Maximization of the Multigrade Instructional Package
To: Bureau Directors
- In compliance with the provisions of DECS Order No. 38, s. 1993, the Bureau of Elementary Education has completed the development and production of the following instructional materials for MG classes:
- Minimum Learning Competencies (MLC-MG)
- Budget of Work for MG Classes (BW-MG)
- Lesson Plans for MG Classes (LP-MG)
- Preschool Education Handbook for Teachers
- Developing Readiness Skills: Materials for Pupils
- Multi-Level Materials (MLMs)
- The MLG-MG, BW-MG, LP-MG will be given to multigrade and combination classes in all regions. The rest of the materials are intended for the UNICEF priority provinces to be distributed as follows: the Preschool Education Handbook will be given to teachers handling grade clusters I, II, and III; one set of the MLMs (177 titles) for trained MG teachers; and the “Developing Readiness Skills: Materials for Pupils” will be distributed following the 1 class is to 11 books ratio (1:11).
- The ensure the systematic distribution of the materials, all regions are directed to pick up the materials from the Bureau of Elementary Education using local funds and distribute same to teachers concerned. The allocation by region is found in the inclosure.
- All regions are also directed to orient and regularly monitor teachers to ensure maximum utilization of the materials.
- All schools superintendents shall submit to the Bureau of Elementary Education through the regional directors their reports on their orientation activity and the distribution of the materials by district and school, indicating such details as name of district, school, teacher recipients, and enrolment of each teacher.
- All queries and requests should be directed to the Director, Bureau of Elementary Education, 2nd Floor, Mabini Bldg., UL Complex, Pasig, Metro Manila.
- This Order shall take effect immediately.
DECS Order: (No. 38, s. 1993)
Allotment: 1-2—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: