May 23, 1995 – DO 25, s. 1995 – 1995 Independence Day Celebration
To : All Bureau and Center Directors
All Regional Directors
All Division Superintendents
Heads of State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Administrative Order No. 189 signed by President Fidel V. Ramos on April 26, created a National Committee to take charge of the celebration of Philippine Independence Day on 12 June 1995 with the DECS Secretary as Chairman and the DILG Secretary as Co-Chairman.
- In compliance thereof, and in order to stress that DECS officials, school administrators, teachers, students and parents should play key roles in meaningful observance of the 97th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence, school officials all over the country are enjoined to make sure that (a) schools hold an Independence Day program and flag raising ceremonies to be attended by all pupils/students and teachers as well as school employees; (b) the historical significance of the Independence Day, the National Flag and the National Anthem is discussed in all social studies classes in all schools; (c) all pupils and students are taught to make flaglets in Edukasyong Pantahanan at Pangkabuhayan (EPAPA) arid Technology and Home Economics (T.H.E.) classes and to prominently display them in their homes, and (d) all schools through their various students/teachers organizations request that flags/flaglets be displayed in every home.
- Relevant to the Independence Day program in all schools, it is desired that it be simple and solemn which shall in all cases include the mass singing of the correct and original Version of the National Anthem. Said school programs shall start promptly at 7:00 A.M. and whenever possible should include listening to the short talk of President Ramos, pre-taped and to be aired over radio stations all over the country. School heads are also reminded that the flags to be raised should preferably be new or is neither faded nor frayed.
- Inasmuch as similar flag-raising ceremonies/programs will also be held in cities and municipalities or in some historical spots in cities and municipalities, District Super¬visors and heads of schools are expected to also send teachers/students where their presence are requested by the city/municipal mayors.
- A good reference material and rich source of information on the historical significance of the Philippine Independence Day as well as the National Flag and the National Anthem is the 96th Anniversary of the proclamation of Philippine Independence June 12, 1994 Souvenir Program a copy each was given schools in the National Capital Region.
- As much as possible the attendance of all school pupils and students should be encouraged. The presence Of Boy/Girl Scouts in uniform as well as CAT Cadets also in uniform is desirable.
- All superintendents, supervisors, principals, and teachers of the National Capital Region are enjoined to attend the Independence Day Parade at the Luneta park in front of the Quirino Grandstand on June 12, 1995 at 3:00 P M.
- All bureau and center directors and their staff in the DECS Central Office are mandated to be present during the flag raising ceremony at the Luneta Park at 7:00 A.M. and to participate in the Independence Day parade in front of the Quirino Grandstand 3:00 P.M. on June 12, 1995. Attendance will be checked. All DECS employees are requested to come in uniform.
- This Order shall be given immediate and wide dissemination.
DECS Order: No. 27, s. 1994
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
CELEBRATIONS & FESTIVALS