May 30, 1995 – DO 30, s. 1995 – 1995 National Elementary Assessment Test for All Grade VI Elementary Pupils
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Date of the 1995 NEAT. The annual National Elementary Assessment Test or NEAT for all Grade VI pupils in all public and private elementary schools will be administered from 8:30 o’clock in the morning to 12:00 o’clock noon on Tuesday, August 29.
- Components and Weights of the NEAT. The NEAT is a battery of achievement tests of the multiple choice type covering four areas: (a) English, (b) Mathematics, (c) Science, each with a 30 per cent weight, and (d) Heograpiya/Kasaysayan/Sibika (HEKASI), with 10 per cent weight. Taking the NEAT shall be a requirement for graduation; however, a low NEAT score by itself will not necessarily prevent a pupil from graduating, since it will only form part of the general average of each pupil with the weight of one academic subject transmuted into percentage. A rating of 60 percent shall be given to those who failed to take the NEAT to be included in the computation of the school mean. The grade in the NEAT will be the last entry in the listing of subjects in the Forms 137-B and 138 of Grade VI pupils. For private elementary schools offering Grade VII, the NEAT will be given to their Grade VI pupils.
- Implementing Entities. The National Educational Testing and Research Center (NETRC), in cooperation with the Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE) and the regional offices, shall undertake the NEAT design, implementation and assessment. All bureaus, centers, regional and division offices of this Department with the cooperation of other government agencies shall assist in this undertaking. All regional directors shall take charge of the effective and efficient administration of the NEAT.
- Funding. Printing and computerization cost shall be chargeable against division funds; administration cost, against regional funds and cost of orientation seminars (except transportation expenses of participants), freight and transportation for delivery and retrieval of test materials, against NETRC funds per Unnumbered Memorandum on Rules on Finance and Management, dated February 16, 1995.
- Guidelines. The guidelines for the administration the NEAT are inclosed.
DECS Order: (No. 37, s. 1994)
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—-(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
Course of Study, ELEMENTARY