August 17, 1995 – DO 50, s. 1995 – Creation of the Instructional Materials Study Team
August 17, 1995
DO 50, s. 1995
Creation of the Instructional Materials Study Team
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- With the signing into law of the Book Publishing Industry Development Act, Republic Act No. 8047, there is hereby constituted a Study Team to look into the possible impact of the said law on, among others, DECS’ responsibility of providing textbooks and other instructional materials to the public schools.
- The Study Team shall be composed of the following:
Team Leader : Asst. Sec. Marcial A. Salvatierra
Co-Team Leader : Asst. Sec. Ramon C. Bacani
Members : Dr. Lidinila L. Santos, BEE
: Dr. Teresita G. Inciong, BEE
: Dr. Alberto P. Mendoza, BSE
: Ms. Minerva de Jesus, IMDC
: Ms. Gloria Almendras, IMDC
: Ms. Ma. Lourdes G. de Vera, OPS
: Ms. Milagros T. Talinio, OPS
- Specifically, the team shall, with the assistance of consultants/experts:
- determine the instructional materials needs/requirements of the basic education system for the next 5-7 years under a privatized set-up; and
- provide inputs to: (1) the instructional materials component of the Third Elementary Education Project and the Second Secondary Education Development Project being packaged with IBRD and ADB; (2) the Implementing Rules and Regulations of the Book Publishing Industry Development Act; and (3) the bill creating the Department of Basic Education. The team shall be overseen by the Undersecretary for Programs and shall be operational for six (6) months, reckoned from the effectivity of this Order.
- For guidance of all concerned.
Allotment: 1-2-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: