August 25, 1995 – DO 53, s. 1995 – Prescribing Rules and Regulations and New Rates of Allowance for Official Local and Foreign Travels of Government Personnel
August 25, 1995
DO 53, s. 1995
Prescribing Rules and Regulations and New Rates of Allowance for Official Local and Foreign Travels of Government Personnel
Bureau/Cultural Agency Directors
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Unite
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- Inclosed is a copy of Executive Order No. 248 of the President, prescribing rules and regulations for official local and foreign travels of government personnel.
- Attention is invited to Section 5 of said Executive Order on approval of local travel. Official local travel for seven (7) calendar days and below shall be approved by the head of office/bureau or their equivalent. Travel that will last for more than seven (7) calendar days but not more than one (1) calendar month shall be approved by the Department Secretary or his equivalent. Travel that will last for more than one calendar month shall be approved by the President of the Philippines or official duly authorized by him.
- Attention is also invited to Section 7 which states that travels and assignments under this Executive Order shall cover only those which are urgent and extremely necessary, will involve the minimum expenditure and are expected to bring immediate benefit to the country, and shall refer only to those under the category of conferences, special missions, and other non-study trips undertaken for such purposes as enumerated in said Executive Order.
- Prior clearance from the Office of the President shall also be required for foreign trips of delegations or groups of two or more persons regardless of the rank of participants.
- Wide dissemination of this Order is directed.
Incl.: As stated
Reference: DECS Memorandum: No. 200, s. 1994 Allotment: 1-2-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES
RULES & REGULATION