November 22, 1995 – DO 70, s. 1995 – Administration of the 1996 National Elementary Assessment Test (NEAT) and the 1996 National Secondary Assessment Test (NSAT) Amended by DO 5, s. 1996 – Corrigendum to DECS Order No. 70, s. 1995 (Administration of the 1996 National Elementary Assessment Test and National Secondary Assessment Test)
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Date of the 1996 NEAT. The National Elementary Assessment Test or NEAT which was administered to all Grade VI pupils during the past three school years (1992-1995) will be administered this school year on Tuesday August 27, 1996 to only a sampling of the population to be determined by the NETRC while the NSAT will be administered on the following Friday, September 30, 1996 on a census basis.
- Components of the NEAT and NSAT. The tests will comprise the same subject areas, to wit: English, Mathematics, Science and HEKASI (Heograpiya/Kasaysayan at Sibika) for the NEAT and English, Filipino, Mathematics, Science and Technology and Vocational Technical Aptitude for the NSAT.
- Scheme. The schemes and mechanics to be adopted for each test will be furnished regional and division offices before the test.
- Assignment of Responsibilities. The National Educational Testing and Research Center (NETRC), in cooperation with the Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE), Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) and the regional offices, shall undertake this assessment activity. All bureaus, centers, regional and division offices of this Department with the cooperation of other government agencies shall assist in this undertaking. The regional directors shall take care of the efficient administration of this test.
- Review for the examinations is absolutely prohibited as this defeats the purposes for which the tests are administered.
- Immediate and widest dissemination of this Order is desired.
References: DECS Orders: Nos. 30, 31, and 65, s. 1995
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
Course of Study, ELEMENTARY STUDENTS
Course of Study, SECONDARY TESTS