December 4, 1995- DO 74, s. 1995 – Guidelines/Procedures on the Filing of Statements of Assets, Liabilities and Networth and Disclosures of Business Interests and Financial Connections with the Office of the Ombudsman Required Under Section 8, Republic Act No. 6713
Bureau/Cultural Agency Directors
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- For the information and guidance of all concerned, inclosed is a copy of Memorandum Circular No. 95-13 dated June 15, 1995 of the Office of the Ombudsman, Manila entitled “Guidelines/Procedures on the Filing of Statements of Assets, Liabilities and Networth and Disclosures of Business Interests and Financial Connections with the Office of the Ombudsman Required Under Section 8, Republic Act No. 6713”.
- Attention is invited to the following provisions of the Circular, to wit:
- “All public officials and employees concerned shall file their respective statements and disclosures with their respective chief of the personnel division or in his absence the chief of the administrative division or the person designated by the head of the agency, to be subsequently submitted to the respective area or sectoral offices of the Office of the Ombudsman as specified in Attachment “A” of this Circular.
- “In case of married persons (except those legally separated or those with regime of complete separation of property) who are both working in government, they shall jointly file the statement required herein and the copies thereof must be filed in both agencies where they are employed.
- “The officials and employees shall file the same:
- Within thirty (30) days upon assumption of office, statements of which must be reckoned as of his first day of service;
- On or before April 30 of every year thereafter, statements of which must be reckoned as of the end of the preceding year; and
- Within thirty (30) days after separation from the service, statement of which must be reckoned as of his last day of office.
- “The required statement and disclosure shall be reflected on the revised form (see Attachment “B”) and shall be prepared in triplicate, the original copy to be submitted to the Office of the Ombudsman or its respective area/sectoral office (Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao and Armed Forces), another copy to be attached to the official/employee’s 201 file, and the last copy to be retained by the filer.
- “The administrative/personnel division shall consolidate all the statements, disclosures of the agency’s officials and employees in a summary report (see Attachment “C”) to be certified by the head of the agency.
- “The administrative/personnel division shall likewise prepare a report indicating therein the list of officials and employees who failed to submit their respective statements of assets and liabilities and networth and disclosures of business interests and financial connections.”
- It is requested that this Order be given immediate and wide dissemination, for compliance.
Incl.: As stated
References: DECS Orders: Nos. 53 and 56, s. 1989
Allotment: 1-2-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES & REGULATIONS