December 29, 1995 – DO 77, s. 1995 – Establishment of the DECS Welfare Project Development Group (DECS-WPDG)
December 29, 1995
DO 77, s. 1995
Establishment of the DECS Welfare Project Development Group (DECS-WPDG)
- The Department of Education, Culture and Sports (DECS) has executed a Memorandum of Agreement with the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) wherein both agencies have agreed to implement jointly and cooperatively a program known as DECS-GSIS Welfare and Benefits Program. Inclosed is a copy of the Memorandum of Agreement.
- Aside from the present benefits extended by the GSIS to teachers and DECS employees, the program shall have the following components, namely: housing loan, motorcycle loan, educational benefits, health benefits, and other welfare and benefit programs. DECS and GSIS have further agreed to jointly set up a Project Development Group at the national and regional levels to facilitate program planning and implementation.
- In line with the provisions of the aforecited Memorandum of Agreement, the DECS Welfare Project Development Group (DECS-WPDG) is hereby established. It shall be managed by a committee at the national level, with the Chief of the Employees Welfare and Benefits Division as its Chairman, and Mr. Crisostomo F. Abanes, Senior Strategic Consultant and a representative from the GSIS head office as members. The Employees Welfare and Benefits Division shall serve as the Secretariat of the DECS-WPDG.
- All regional directors are directed to organize immediately their regional DECS Welfare Project Development Group in coordination with the regional managers of the GSIS. The regional DECS-WPDG shall be managed by a committee of three (3) members, two (2) from DECS and one (1) from the GSIS. The chairman of the committee shall come from DECS.
- All officials concerned are requested to submit immediately the list of committee members to the Employee Welfare and Benefits Division, DECS Central Office, Pasig City.
- For immediate compliance.
Incl: As stated
Allotment: 1-2—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: