DO 2, s. 1996 – Revised Technical Rules and Regulations and Clarificatory Guidelines on the New Sports Events in the 1996 Palarong Pambansa for Elementary And Secondary
January 3, 1996
To: Bureau and Regional Directors
Presidents of State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private and Vocational Schools
- After evaluating the recommendations, comments and suggestions of the different DECS Divisions and Regional Offices, as well as the different concerned National Sports Association (NSAs) the following revised rules, regulations and clarificatory guidelines are issued to suit local conditions and the capability of participating athletes.
- As contained in DECS Memorandum No. 315, s. 1995 the following rules for the new sports events in the 1996 Palarong Pambansa are revised and amended:
2.1 ARCHERY – Secondary Division (Boys and Girls) shall adopt the FITA Indoor Round of 18 meter distance instead of the standard Olympic dis¬couraging to beginners because it needs more time for training and sophisticated costly equipment. To develop Archery among the “grassroots” which is the aim of the Palaro, we are adopting the 18M distance which is tailored for beginners and will require affordable equipment.
Entries shall be 3 (three) boys and 3 (three) girls for the secondary division and competition shall consist of the following rounds: 1. Qualification Round, 2. Elimination Round, 3. Final Round for Individual and Team Final Round (Please see Annex A-l).
2.2 ATHLETICS – (Elementary Division boys and girls)
Athletics for boys and girls in the elementary division shall have 10 (ten) events each. The maximum number of athletes are 10 boys and 10 girls per delegation with a coach and chaperon each (Annex A-2).
2.3 BADMINTON – (Secondary Division boys and girls)
Badminton shall be played in accordance with the rules used by the Tertiary division in the 1995 Palarong Pambansa (DECS Order No. 81 and 93, s. 1993)
2.4 BOXING – (Secondary Division)
Secondary boxing (Annex A-3).
2.5 CHESS – (Elementary Division)
Chess shall be played by two players, one boy or one girl or both boys or both girls. The word “open” in DECS Memorandum No. 315 shall be omitted to avoid confusion. No changes with the existing rules governing the secondary division tournament which will be used by the elementary division.
2.6 LAWN TENNIS – (Elementary Division boys and girls)
Lawn Tennis shall be played the same as the existing rules in secondary division.
2.7 SOCCER FOOTBALL – (Elementary Division)
Soccer Football shall be played in accordance with the existing rules of the secondary division except that the time limit will be 20 (twenty) minutes per half with 5 (five) minutes interval between halves.
2.8 SWIMMING – (Elementary and Secondary Division boys and girls)
There shall be 14 (fourteen) events each for the elementary and secondary division boys and girls (Annex A-4).
2.9 TAEKWONDO – (Secondary Division boys and girls)
There shall be 6 (six) events in secondary Taekwondo each for boys and girls based on weight category (Annex A-5).
2.10 VOLLEYBALL – (Elementary Division boys and girls)
Volleyball tournament shall be played in accordance with the existing rules governing the secondary division except that the height of the net shall be lowered to 2.05 meters for boys and 2.00 meters for girls.
- Corrigendum for Little League Baseball as contained in DECS Memorandum No. 184, s. 1995 and Softball Girls as contained in DECS Order No. 81, s. 1993 are presented in Annex B-1 and B-2.
- To facilitate the implementation of this Order, all regional PESS Division Chiefs and Regional Technical Managers with the BPESS Director and Tournament Mangers shall undergo a two-day management seminar workshop in General Santos City High School in Calumpang, General Santos City on January 16 and 17.
Likewise, all Regional Directors shall have a meeting with the Palaro Board on January 15 and 16 at Sarangani province and General Santos City to discuss the final guidelines regarding Regional participation for the 1996 Palarong Pambansa. Transportation shall be charged against respective local funds, while the board and lodging, as well as local transportation shall be borne by the host division.
- All regional offices shall conduct an echo-seminar to all coaches and officiating officials during their solidarity seminar before their respective regional athletic meet.
- All rules, regulations and guidelines which are not amended or rescinded by this DECS Order shall still be in effect.
- This Order is effective immediately. Any previous DECS issuances which are inconsistent with this Order are hereby revoked or modified accordingly.
- For compliance.
DECS Order: (No. 81, s. 1993) and
DECS Memorandum: (No. 184 and 315, s. 1995)
Allotment: 1-2-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES AND REGULATIONS